Myanmar’s “Sincere World-Deceivers” preempt The Hidden Genocide, Forthcoming AJE documentary 8-13 Dec
1. It is learnt that Qatar based Al Jazeera Television will be airing a documentary relating to so-called “Rohingyas” from December 8 to 12 in Arabic and from December 9 to 13 in English languages. It is also mentioned that the documentary will include accusation of genocide against the so-called “Rohingyas”.
2. The Government of Myanmar has been handling this matter with full transparency when the violence between Bangalis and the ethnic Rakhine people broke out in May and June, and also in October 2012.
3. The Government has given permission to organization such as UN Agencies, INGOs, Diplomatic Corps and Muslim Aid to visit the affected areas to observe the situation by themselves. Moreover, foreign minister and high level delegations from Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia and other countries as well as from the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) are also allowed to visit Rakhine State.
4. Providing shelter, relocation and rehabilitation of the homeless victims of the conflict, supplying food, medicine and other humanitarian assistance have also been carried out in a non-discriminatory manner for both affected communities.
5. The Government has taken actions to ceasing violence and maintaining rule of law in accordance with the law. An independent Investigation Commission has also been formed to carry out detail investigation of the incidents.
6. The Ministry reaffirmed that the government security forces and local authorities have never involved in the communal violence or racial and religious discrimination in Rakhine State as accused by some media and organizations. The Head of State and other responsible officials have also declared this to the world at the UN General Assembly, ASEAN Summit and the Non-Aligned Summit.
7. Therefore, the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar strongly opposes and rejects the attempt made by Al Jazeera to broadcast the documentary by exaggerating and fabricating the incidents in Rakhine State.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Nay Pyi Taw
Dated: 6th December, 2012