February 12, 2013
Maung Daw, Arakan – At 8 O’clock this morning, NaSaKa (Border Security Force) together with the Police unexpectedly raided the village of Laung Doong, Northern Maung Daw. The reason for the raid has not been known yet. But Eight Innocent Rohingya villagers were arrested.
“NaSaKa together with the Police Officers approximately numbering 80 raided the village of Laung Doong, Northern Maung Daw at 8AM this morning. Rohingya Men ran away to escape the arrests. However, 8 Rohingyas are said to have been arrested. Five of them are:
(1) Jamal Hussein S/o Abdu Salam 63 (He was arrested while he was working on his farm)
(2) Lalu@ Hla Tin S/o Ausi Rahman 65
(3) Zakir Ahmed S/o Rashid 28
(4) Rahmat Ali S/o Haider Ali 32
(5) ManiUllah S/o Lalu (He was arrested on his way to get the woods from the forest).”
Now, these arrested people are being very severely tortured and about to die. Why and because of whom NaSaKa and Police raided the village and arrested people is not known” said a nearby Rohingya villager. “Rohingyas can be made victims for no reason. On the ground, arbitrary raids and arrests seem to have no ending” he added.
We have not received the complete details of the atrocities carried out by Police and NaSaKa during the raid yet. We will update you. So, stay with us!